Saturday, March 05, 2005

Shelly is a F*cking Bitch :o)

Days Walking - 20

Pretty sh*tty day. I ended last night with an email from my 'friend' Shelly who lives in Los Angeles. She was asking me if it was all right if she went out with Eric. (My Ex). Then she proceeded to admit that they'd already been going out for about a week, and she hoped it was cool with me.

Now, I broke up with Eric, just before I started the trip. He's supposed to be moving to the East Coast to finish up his degree. So on one hand, I'm like "Sure girl, go for it, he's a good guy". And on the other hand "Shelly is a f*cking bitch and He's mine, at the end of all this f*cking walking he'll still be waiting for me, and we'll live happily -" Yadda yadda yadda.

So that did not make for a happy sleep state, and I tossed and turned and flipped and flopped all night.

My ankle is acting up right now. It actually hurts more once I let it cool down. During the stretching and heating of use, it's a lot better. After a mid-day break, it hurts more than before the break! So I end up gimping in circles to keep it loosened up while the rest of the team - er - rests.

I'm getting damned tired of all the songs on my iPod. Downloading new ones via the satellite uplink is proving problematic, so it looks like I'm gonna have to wait for a land line.

Sometimes I just don't feel the typing thing. I really wish the voice-recognition programs worked better. Maybe I'll start just leaving my post as a voicemail for Marina, and she can type it out when she gets to work. (She works for my Dad, btw).

Commenter Kevin:
Ah, cheese crackers, I wish. And not the pre-packaged kind, already sandwiched together. I mean those gourmet kind, that you create yourself a whole setup - a cracker variety pack, three cheeses, some avocado... (Mouth smacking noises). I have no cheese crackers, I have no couch, I sold it.

No toasty family room, nothing but ice and snow and seven friends. And you kind folks! I feel blessed that you're out there. The internet is such a weird medium. You can get to know people so well without ever meeting them, (I'm only the 5 Billionth person to muse about this) and laugh with them and cry for them and fall in love with them, and never really know them.

I fell in love with an online buddy not long after I started getting online. He was great, smart, funny, thoughtful, always concerned and there for me. I fell for him big time. Biggest Time. It turned out really bad, he was misleading me totally, he was ever so married, a hundred pounds and fifteen years heavier than the pic he'd sent me. It was tough coming to terms with the idea that I had been so easily duped.

After that, I decided and promised myself:

1) To never fall in love again unless it was in person.

2) To never believe anything I see online. If I laugh or cry and enjoy someone's words, great. But it's all bullsh*t, nothing can be trusted.

So yeah. Just pretend I'm not myself. Instead picture an 800 pound Very Hairy 53 year old man, locked in his Mom's basement in Newark, typing out dumb ramblings for you to read.

Kato! Cool pic, man!

Marina, thanks for the kind words of assistance and information about how to not post sh*tty pics. Don't tiptoe, really. Just say what you're thinking. Damn, kinda harsh, don't you think? And then the Spanish phrase as the kick-her-while-she-'s-down, nice!

Marina, you are correct, actually. I f*cked up when I saved it, and the art program automatically lowered the resolution because of the 'save for web' adjustment. Yeah yeah I got it now.

With that, here's a new picture, taken today by yours truly. I hope you can understand now why I haven't been in a big rush to show the pics. Seen one endless plain of snow and ice, you seen em all.



A few folks asked in email what kind of camera I'm using. It's a Sony Cyber-Shot 2.0 Mega Pixel DSC-P31. Whee. Yeah, it's a bit old, but what do you think this is, the Discovery Channel?

Litany Webb, signing off

Jump to Start..........FAQ..........Previous Post..........Next Post

4 Comments:

At 1:06 AM, Blogger Kato said...

There's a lot I could comment on here but does anyone really want my advice? Nahhh.

You commented on getting tired of the songs on your IPOD, maybe we should set up a server where we could drop off songs for you to download to your IPOD. Sort of like a "Help Keep Litany Sane" fund. Only instead of dollars, it's music.

To the RIAA: Of course, these would all be copies of songs you already own or music that is in the public domain. ;)

 
At 2:00 AM, Blogger Robin said...

I'm with Kato...a bunch of thoughts spring to mind but I'll cut them to one: (in response to your title) yes, yes she is...

 
At 10:38 AM, Blogger Kevin said...

deejay therapy does sound like a great idea, and about as much help as one can give you all while sitting in front of a computer.

you are an excellent writer, but keep the pictures coming anyway. as much as you can evoke in words, there is something about those photos that really hammers home the vastness of where you are that is impossible to verbalize.

have a frostbite-free day!

 
At 2:48 AM, Blogger kthrne said...

You know, if this blog would be all fiction, the only thing that would probably bug me is that I can't write such entertaining and plausible stories. :)

I'm the "entertainment value is the thing that counts" kinda girl. You've got me totally convinced though.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home