Friday, March 04, 2005

Huffing and Kiwi Cravings

Days Walking - 19

All righty then!
In answer of all those emails asking for a pic, here you go! White ground, white sky, a little blueness thrown in for monotony. You can even see a smidgen of ocean in this pic.

(Picture removed due to very poor quality)

I took this all by myself, yesterday. It's just a few minutes after 1PM. You can't tell! Time of day is pretty ambiguous here.

It's kinda blurry. I am an awful photographer. Note to self - when it's f*cking cold out, you don't huff huff on the camera lens to help clean off fingerprints. It turns into frost, and it doesn't wanna come off.

Must read up on optics, resolution, the speed of light, etc.
I'll do better in the future I promise!

My ankle is doing all right. It's tender, and I'm trying to favor it. Once in a while I forget to be careful and it gives me an electric twinge and I yelp. It's likely a very seal-like sound, and I'm probably doing the arctic equivalent of yelling "Eat Me I'm Food!"

You guys are the bestest readers and comment-posting folks a girl could ask for. I click on your comments and read your blogs with much relish. How you guys picked me boggles my mind. I look forward to reading your words every day! I get deep thoughts to ponder, and / or I laugh my ass off. You guys are 'fingerclickin good!'

(I just made that up myself. 'Fingerclickin Good', that is. Maybe I should submit it to Urban Dictionary?) Someone else probably said it first. Hmn, though if history has taught me anything, it's this: It's not who invents something, it's who patents it and prints the t-shirts. (Evil Giggle)

I've been craving kiwi's all day (the fruit, not the bird). I think it's gonna be a long long time before fresh fruit is on the menu. Hell, right now I'd settle for canned peaches in heavy syrup.

Mmmn, syrup.

-Er, fruit. I meant fruit.

The closest thing I have right now is a package of freeze-dried strawberries, and I had to trade my last pack of Twinkies for them. Pleasure doing business with you, Kwame! My mouth is looking forward to kiwi, but will have to settle for strawberries. You're supposed to mix them with hot water, right in the package - to rehydrate them, but I just suck on 'em until they thaw.

There's a sexy soundbyte: "I just suck em till they thaw." I love frozen lovin, apparently? Cyrogenic Necrophilia, a new fetish. And you thought getting your tongue stuck to a flagpole was fun...

Much happier sheltering with Church! She's a sweetie! She even made me a cup of hot cocoa from her own rations this morning, how cool is that? Waking up to domestic-like thoughtfulness makes me miss Eric.

And I miss our apartment, the comfyness of it. The thoughtful moments of helpfulness, cooking, all the little things you do for your lover. Or just talking, listening, snuggling, reading books together intertwined like sex-hungry nerds, and napping. Watching him sleep. Sigh. Hi Baby, are you reading this?

Church and I were walking along today, discussing Shaun of the Dead, and we decided that the single finest moment of the entire movie is when the first zombie girl gets up, back from the "dead" after being impaled on the - what is that, an umbrella stand? - and Ed doesn't twitch, he doesn't run, he doesn't yell.

He winds the camera.
Yeah!! I was literally rolling on the ground when he did that.

You can so clearly imagine what's going through his head right then. That's an inspired moment in movie-making!

Litany Webb, signing off

Jump to Start..........FAQ..........Previous Post..........Next Post

7 Comments:

At 9:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Lit - the pic is awful.

I think your problem is that when you saved the jpg 'for web', you didn't look at the 'quality' tab. 100% is ok, for a pic that small.

Your resolution will improve a lot.

PS: I might just have to start posting the Spanish phrases myself!

 
At 10:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Su trabajo de la cámara fotográfica es muy malo"

Ha ha.

 
At 11:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Check it out - http://www.gizmodo.com/gadgets/portable-media/ipod/index.php#handcranked-ipod-shuffle-034884

I don't know how big your current crank dynamo's are, but this one isn't bad.

 
At 12:16 AM, Blogger Kevin said...

regarding the photo: wow! that quite evocative, even in low resolution... desolate and beautiful, though I'm not looking at it in -40 degree weather, and it's new to me.

I was gonna ask for a photo too, because really, this is 21st century blog online weirdness, and without some sort of images, what's to convince a person that you are actually walking halfway around the world (with a person named Church, no less!) and not believe you are just bullshitting everybody from your toasty family room eating cheesy crackers on the sofa?

watch your step out there

 
At 11:04 AM, Blogger Robin said...

Hmm...a tee shirt that says "fingerclicken good"...I'd buy that before one of those stupid "fcuk" shirts

 
At 4:11 PM, Blogger Robin said...

p.s. how about a latin phrase a day: "Te capiam, cunicule sceleste!" (I'll get you, you wascally wabbit!)

 
At 8:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Robin, you are the best!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home