Tuesday, March 01, 2005

Damn I am a Moron

Days Walking - 16

What a f*cking miserable day it was.
We got a late start, made poor progress, and ended up stopping early after I sprained my ankle. I was trying to be slick - no pun intended - and scoot impressively down a little hill, and my snowshoe got stuck. My momentum and the inertia from my pack threw me forward, but with my foot stuck, wrench went my ankle.

Damn I am a moron.

So we had to stop right then, and throw up the tent like we did for Kwame recently, and have Church and Adrian take a look at me. I remember when Kwame had an issue, I wasn't annoyed at him at all, I was just concerned. I wasn't thinking about lost progress, but the possibility of lost toes. But this is different. I was trying to be hot stuff and I got hurt.

So we made all of like 3 miles yesterday. F*************ck!
We should have just stayed at camp. They should have just left my sorry ass back there, and they'd be in Prudhoe by now. Ok, I exaggerate. But they'd be a few miles further along.

We didn't know if it was a sprain or a fracture or what, until they got me uncovered and examined. That was fun. It was slow to swell and there is little discoloration, which probably means the ligaments weren't torn and aren't bleeding. It didn't hurt right away, but hurts now. Church and Adrian decided that It's sprained not broken, and I am moron, and that it's lots of rice for me.

That's R.I.C.E. -
Rest, Ice, Compression, Elevation. The ice should not touch the skin, and should not be used for more than 20 mins an hour. We're going to let it rest for now, and won't know until sunrise if / how well I can walk on it.

Ugh. I'm really sorry.

Litany Webb, signing off.

Jump to Start..........FAQ..........Previous Post..........Next Post

2 Comments:

At 7:50 AM, Blogger kthrne said...

Hey, don't beat yourself up! One day doesn't matter in the grander scheme of things. And sudden lapses of moronity happen to every person on the planet on a regular basis. :)

Take care.

 
At 9:01 PM, Blogger Carly said...

Re: your ankle, I would call my son a Ding-dong in this case.... reading on eagerly to see if you got better.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home