Tuesday, March 01, 2005

Samus of the Light Brown Hair

Days Walking - 16

Days Gimping - 1

My ankle hurts but is useable. We've voted and decided that I should rest it today, and then we'll get going first thing tomorrow.

Friendly comments, yay!
Thanks for the encouragement, y'all!

Yeah, I kinda beat myself up in the earlier post. I'm being a lot harsher to myself than the group is. They're taking it in stride for the most part, and trying to enjoy it.

It's like a snow day, no school! It's -44F (should I just start reporting the temp in Kelvin? It would be 231 Kelvin. Mmmn, Toasty.) and the wind is at around 15mph. We're staying inside the shelters, and snuggly and buggly.

I'm all out of garlic powder, who woulda thought I'd go through it so fast. I'll have to ask Marina to send more with the next CARE package. It'll probably freak out the drug-sniffing dogs at the Post Office (do they have those?), thinking I'm trying to hide coke in my bag, like using coffee grounds... Hmn.

BTW: C.A.R.E. originally stood for 'Cooperative for American Remittances to Europe.' and so does not apply precisely to myself and my group. Since we are not in the Armed Forces or in Europe. But the meaning has been smudged since WW2.

My GBA is dead, I need to charge it. Bleh. Do you have any idea how many cranks it takes to charge that mofo?? Ick, ick ick. It's worth it in the end, (Samus!!!) but I'm not in the mood at the moment.

So yeah, ankle will be fine, I'll be hobbling on it tomorrow, mebbe I'll work out the tenderness after the first hour or so. Walk it off, Baybee!

Litany Webb, signing off

Jump to Start..........FAQ..........Previous Post..........Next Post

6 Comments:

At 11:24 AM, Blogger Kato said...

Chiggety-check it:
http://www.egame-acc.com/GBA%20SP/GBS004.htm

 
At 11:27 AM, Blogger Litany said...

Kato, where were you when I was packing my bag?

Very neat gizmo. I don't know how quickly it could give me a charge with this weak ass winter sun...

Definitely an item to add to my equipment list! Thanks!

 
At 1:19 PM, Blogger kthrne said...

Glad to know that you are OK.

Samus kicks ass! Super Metroid is my favourite of all the Metroid-games. I'm not into Metroid Primes though, 3D is not my thing.

 
At 2:21 PM, Blogger Kevin said...

grandma was right: ounce of prevention worth a pound of cure (push your ankle too much too early, you'll pay for it much more later). And besides, -44?!? Who is in a hurry to get back into that?

 
At 4:20 PM, Blogger Robin said...

Or you could fashion a sled McGuyver-style and have the group members take turns pulling you! "Faster, pull faster...!"

 
At 3:31 AM, Blogger Kato said...

Litany,

Funny you should ask. A few weeks ago I had the weirdest dream. I saw a young woman packing for a trip. Somewhere a voice told me to help this one. I looked up into the sky and saw the clouds part and the sun shining down...upon a solar panel affixed to a GBA.

Of course I had Mexican for dinner that night so I just assumed it was indigestion and ignored it :)

I agree with Robin Diane and would proffer that you take that a step further and do everything MacGyver style. Just so long as you have some chewing gum, a length of wire, and a roll of duct tape, you should be set.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home