Thursday, February 24, 2005

Tongue Lashings and Specialized Wigglers

Days Walking - 11

The shelter Jake, Caeled, and I shared collapsed on us last night. Just on one side, I should say. It was my fault, I was in a hurry during the building process for some reason (what, did I have somewhere else to be?) and instead of patting the snow with the back of my hand/glove, I was pressing with the palm-side...

...I ended up compressing the snow too much, and it couldn't breathe at all, and MELT became an issue, leading to instability. You have to form, shape, and encourage the snow, but not compact it too tightly. Ugh. So there was much cursing, griping, and tongue-lashing because yes, I suck.

5 Habits I Hope Stay Broken

1) Watching TV.
I used to waste so many hours just lying there like a lump, watching Court TV or Cops or what have you. Good grief, I want those years of my life back and they are gone forever. I read and write a lot more now, and don't miss TV... hardly at all... except for Desperate Housewives. And Carnivale. And MythBusters. But their memory is fading.

2) Cigarettes.
Cause damn.

3) Relationships With No Future
Like a goodly portion of the women on this planet, I have issues. The boys who are interesting and compelling are not the ones who make a good spouse. The boys who fall asleep after sex are the ones you want, and I'll tell you why. Step 1, Sex - Step 2, Sleep = no more sex with other women. If he is raring to go after a thorough loving, his genetic past involves males who seek more partners - - -

- - - Sex with one gal, then sex with another, then sex with another. For a male animal, that is how you make sure your genes live on. There is even specialized sperm (there are multiple types, and they all have jobs - how weird I know) whose job it is to block sperm from other guys. The fact that there was a need for this specialized wiggler makes it clear that multiple partners is a part of male propensity.

(As if we needed more proof) But, ah - the man who passes out after lovin will be the one who you wake up to the next day - he didn't slip off in the night. We want the stay-at-home type. The domestic type, the child-tending type. Those edgy, exciting boys with the tats, 'tudes, and endless energy are not Daddy's, they're Breeders.

4) General Laziness
Work on a project, some project, at least a little bit every day. Eventually, something will get finished. 'A journey of a thousand miles begins with one step' I paraphrase a wise man whose name I forget.

5) Lack of Perspective / Spirituality
If We are all there is, it's an awful waste of space. Again, I'm paraphrasing. Carl Sagan, this time.

If there's something more fun than boot-skating across a frozen river, I'd like to know. Shwoosh Shwoosh Swoosh!

Missay!! Woo!
(yes) Is you with me now (yes) then biggie biggie bounce(yes) I know you dig the way I sw-sw-switch my style(holla!!) people sing around (yes) Now people gather round, now people jump around...

I love me some Missy Elliott!

Litany Webb, signing off

Jump to Start..........FAQ..........Previous Post..........Next Post

3 Comments:

At 1:12 PM, Blogger Robin said...

I wanna go boot skating! And re #3, I think the blocker-sperm also suggest that women be gettin around, too. Hmm...I wonder if multiple-sex-partners as contraception could work..the sperm all killing each other etc...

 
At 4:25 PM, Blogger Å®t Øf £övë said...

Thanks for your visit in my place.
Have a good weekend.
Kisses.

 
At 7:45 PM, Blogger shana p. said...

If you's a fat one, put your clothes back on
Before you start putting pot holes in my lawn
Oh my God, show em I'm large
Shove my beat up, attack like my name was Saddam
I am the bomb from New York to Milan

I loves me some Missy, too.

Here's to you meeting someone who falls asleep after.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home