Sunday, March 06, 2005

Coming Soon: Polar Bear Wrasslin'

Days Walking - 21

Holy Sh*t, Kato! The "Help Keep Litany Sane" server! That is such a sweet suggestion! I don't think it would help, but it makes me really happy to know you've got my sanity in mind. Don't go to any trouble on my account!

Apple has plenty robust servers, I don't think the problem is there - My DL speed isn't that great, and the signal strength is pretty hit or miss at this latitude. So in the midst of a download, I'll lose the signal, and have to reconnect, log in, and start the download all over again. Bleh.

I'll just wait for new music downloads till I can get a land line, no biggie. Jake and I are gonna swap some songs between our pods for the meantime, so I should be fine until Prudhoe.

Robin - I like the Latin Phrase a Day idea! You should do it on your blog!! I don't know any Latin, and you'd do a better job anyway! Good idea.

Ha haa haaa! Kato, that 'Fingerclickin Good' shirt is great. I dragged everyone over to my laptop to take a look at the pic. They didn't really get it, but I guess you had to be there / suffer through my blog daily. Hee hee hee! Funny stuff.

The ankle is much better today, I may have felt the final twinges. I think taking a day off to rest right after I hurt it really helped the healing process (duh).

Gabriel found something today sticking out of the snow. A big length of snowmobile tread, sans snowmobile. No sign of anything else, no vehicle, tools, dead body, neh. If had been on the side of the road in Los Angeles, I never would have given it a second glance. Here, everything is novel. Litter, wow, golly!

Everyone else is sacked out. Church is sleeping - all frowny - with her headphones on. BBC World News, what a way to sleep. It's faint and static-y, I don't know why she listens to it. Personally, I'd pick a stronger station. Earlier she was listening to some weird broadcasts in Russian - which she does not speak. I listened to a bit of it, (I don't speak Russian either) and it was kinda cool. Some kind of melodramatic radio show, like The Inner Sanctum or The Shadow. Booooo!

I'm tempted to edit my post from yesterday. In retrospect, I shoulda been nicer to Shelly... Kind of a rude post Saturday. Ahh f*ck it, I'll leave it alone. She was rude, and it prompted my rudeness, and how can she expect my feelings to be neutral, unbiased so soon after Eric and I broke up?

I'm looking forward to an ice cold Coke (because I'm a goofus) in a warm and toasty room when we get to Prudhoe. There's only so much flat, distilled-seeming and dusty-tasting melted snow / water a person can drink.

Boring Posts lately, I'm sorry. No sex, excitement, or funny sh*t to report. I'll have to find a polar bear to wrassle.

Litany Webb, signing off

Jump to Start..........FAQ..........Previous Post..........Next Post

3 Comments:

At 11:40 PM, Blogger Kato said...

I'm not sure what I was thinking when I suggested we set up something to keep you sane. In retrospect, it's a terrible idea. I mean, c'mon, how cool would it be if you went, like, stark-raving mad over the next couple of months? Day by the day the toil of the trip slowly eating away at your sanity, leaving a tattered, disturbed mind in its wake. Okay, I guess it wouldn't be cool for you, but I was thinking about it more from our perspective--it would make great reading material: "Day 315 - mY aRMy oF PeNGUins iS AlmOSt ReADY tO TaKE oVER thE wORLd. cHurCH kEEps LooKINg at mE fUNNy AnD HAsNt sPoKEN To me iN dAyS. i ThINK I mighT mAKe HeR inTO a Hat." Awesome.

I'm glad you liked the shirt mock up, I did it real fast in Photoshop so it wasn't the best, but it got the idea across. Yea, had to be there, I know how that is.

I agree, Robin should have a latin phrase of the day. She can start off with one of the few I know:
Caveat canum.

 
At 11:49 AM, Blogger Robin said...

hahaha..."I tHiNK mY SoCkS hAtE mE..."
I've always wanted to learn to speak German (b/c my family came over from Germany)...maybe I'll start listening to a whole buncha German radio and see if I pick anything up.

 
At 2:13 PM, Blogger Kato said...

"...toMorROw I'M maRRyiNg A poLAR beAR. hIS naMe is STEve...tHe PoLAR bEAr!"

How about this, Robin:
Eine kleine nachtmusik.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home