Saturday, June 18, 2005

Christian Bale is HOT

Days Walking - 124

Gabe emailed to say he arrived safely, and he's going to see Spamalot this weekend. What a tease. Can't believe I miss him.

I got paid! I know it's odd to get paid after working for only like four days of work. My question is, who pays their people in cash? And I have no pay stub indicating how much tax was sent to Uncle Sam. You don't mean... But they... What about social security?

So yeah, it seems that we're all getting paid Under The Table, which is a weird phrase because Frank (bossman) handed me an envelope, and it never came near a table, under or otherwise.

Ok - in lieu of sanctioned taxes, there is the hungry behemoth at work in the guise of your friendly neighborhood vending machine. The thing is filled to the brim with wicked cream-filled goodness, and since we working peeps walk all day, we are drawn to this devil ex machina.

But who has money? No problem, cause Frank will keep a tab for you. He's so thoughtful. And it comes out of your 'check' automatically. I can personally testify that getting sugar on credit is the road to ruin, and I'm gonna need to stop indulging if we're ever gonna earn any money and leave this burg.

Living at the campsite is okay. It's certainly the cheapest dwelling I have ever rented - a basic apartment in Los Angeles goes for $1200 a month, easily. The campsite will come out to $450 a month, which isn't bad in comparison.

Right now only three of us have jobs, and the rest of these mofo's need to get their butts in gear. It's so easy to spend on fun goodies after being on the road for so long, but we've gotta keep our eyes on the goal here!

I'm so fed up with our music library, I could just toss my iPod into the nearest bush. I can listen to it while I'm working, which is cool, but who wants to? I've heard these songs so damn many times, I can just imagine them playing - no batteries needed!

Songs get old so quick, and I really don't have the patience for listening to the radio - there's just so much repetition. The trouble with listening to music is that you always need more. It's almost a drug. You're slapping that vein and saying "I need new tunes!" like once a week.

And even new songs are just thinly disguised recycled tidbits from old songs. I think being a musician would be frustrating, since it seems there is so little innovation. You could make the same argument for writing, I know. Maybe I'll just join the Cult of Classical, and ignore any musician or writer who hasn't been dead for 500 years...

Litany Webb, signing off

Jump to Start..........FAQ..........Previous Post..........Next Post

1 Comments:

At 12:48 PM, Blogger SquirrleyMojo said...

Yeah, I've heard milk is like, $4 gallon in LA--is that true?

And give some details on Spamalot; my partner and I would DIE to see it--didn't Tim Currey win an award or something? I just heard him on NPR . . .

 

Post a Comment

<< Home