Friday, June 10, 2005

Dear Santa, I Would Like Lightsaber and a Wookie.

Days Walking - 116

We saw 'Revenge of the Sith' last night! Woot! I have to tell you, after months of no movie theater experiences at all, going to see a Lucasfilm really blows a person away.

The Human Race is just a collection of noisy, rude, thoughtless, crude annoying creatures, and they jostled me in line and kicked my seat and talked during the movie and wrote letters on their gigantic cell phones with ultra bright 13" screens during the intro of the movie, with the words tilting off into the distance. Ugh! Do you mind??

The movie was very yummy eye candy, and the writing was poor. Jake loved it, of course. But he's genetically predisposed to be in favor, Jake is a fan like his father before him, and all that jazz.

Psst- Santa, I think a golden colored lightsaber would be cool! It might be hard to see at times, but that is my opponent's problem, ha ha ha!

After months without tasting theater butter-flavored oily by-product, I gotta tell you, I don't know how I ever liked the stuff. It was awful! And the Coke was cloyingly sweet. What am I becoming? A health nut? No, I love Twinkies too much for that.

The sights and sounds of Fairbanks are assaulting my poor sensitive senses and was quite a lot to take in, with the cars and the buses and the laughing and the talking, everyone talking.

I half expected a migraine to be delivered to me by stork special order. Not that I get them, but I half-expected one. But no headache, just irked. Just think if I were in a big city, instead of charming Fairbanks with the trees and the nice.

I have been spoiled by quiet solitude.

Mike - We might be able to find replacements for our three before we left Fairbanks, but we don't know for sure yet what's gonna happen. We can't put out a recruitment call before they've even made their decisions..."Who's this?" - "Oh this is George, he'll be replacing you."

Kwame, smooth operator that he is, got a job washing dishes at a pizza place. Did you know that minimum wage in Ack is $7.15? It's only $6.75 in CA! Needless to say, we are tingling with anticipation for his first day, which will be tomorrow, and we're looking forward to the leftover pizza he will bring back to camp for us, oh my yes.

A large deep crust, with pepperoni, mushrooms, and olives please, thank you. Actually I don't think I've ever met a pizza I didn't like, and that includes the ones with anchovies. Pineapple can be hard to eat cause they leave the chunks so large...

Kwame is the first and only one to find a job so far, and he seemed to luck into it, he was chatting up some girlie who worked there, taking a smoke break, and he sauntered up and got his charm on.

Mebbe the rest of us can go job searching with Kwame, he can do all the talking and get us the mad hook up. He starts tomorrow at 7am of all times. What is there to do in a pizza place at 7am? Wash yesterday's pans, I guess.

A better spot opened up at the campground, and we moved yet again, but this time with everyone's help (sans Gabe) which made it much less frustrating. It was actually handy to have Gabe sit there to watch the stuff as the rest of us made trips.

This is beginning to feel like the MASH episode where Frank keeps ordering them to move The Unit back and forth across the road at whim. "The M stands for Mobile!"

Litany Webb, signing off

Jump to Start..........FAQ..........Previous Post..........Next Post

1 Comments:

At 12:41 PM, Blogger Kato said...

Ah, you've now seen RoTS. Your training is complete.

Incidentally, pinapple on pizza rules, you just have to get a place that puts reasonable size chunks on. Throw on a little Canadian bacon and you've got yourself some fine eating.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home