Thursday, June 16, 2005

Ack, You Crack Me Up

Days Walking - 122

Share a sad sigh with me, Brothers and Sisters…

Gabe has received his plane ticket and leaves for the far far-away land of New York tomorrow. I didn’t know until I got back to camp after a long day of flyer stuffing.

Talk about coming home from work to bad news. I work and slave all day and I come home to no dinner and you’re in our bed, boffing the exterminator?? She’s all gross and stinky with rat poison, and you’re all up in there?

It’s a sad day and it helps that we‘re silly people.

Until today, we’d been avoiding talking about Gabe’s inevitable departure, instead we kinda pretended that it wasn’t going to be necessary, that he’d wake up one morning and feel better and the whole thing would work itself out.

So now we were forced to talk about how much we were gonna miss him, and how important he was to us, and we laughed and joked and remembered the stupid funny stuff and cried in the end, because deciding to go home is one thing, and this is another.

Sharon - I agree that if Gabe really wants to rejoin us, he’ll likely be able to. I know that surgeons have the mad skills nowadays, but I worry. We probably won’t know what to expect from Gabe for a month or two, until physical therapy is done.

We’re all gonna take Gabe out to an early breakfast tomorrow and celebrate our achievements, and then take him to the airport. I miss being able to walk people to the gate. In my family, we walked a person to the gate and waited with them and watched them board and waited till the plane took off and waved to the plane. I miss that. I know we’ll all miss Gabe.

Um.

Oh Ack, you so funny. Get a load of this crazyness - this eagle totally plowed through a guy’s window, into the house, left feathers everywhere, and escaped - but lost his fish. I know we’re in Fairbanks and all, but I still think that the Juneau Empire is da bomb Ackian periodical, yo.

Kato - I hear ya, it sucks when quality shows aren’t playing for whatever reason - but isn’t 'Connections' available on DVD? Get your Netflix on, son! Hell, buy the boxed set! Ha Ha that’s when you know it’s bad, when you’re buying PBS DVDs. I have to admit, I seriously considered getting '1900’s House' on DVD at one point.

Surely I’m not alone in my geekitude - Do you guys have any guilty pleasure shows?

Litany Webb, signing off

Jump to Start..........FAQ..........Previous Post..........Next Post

3 Comments:

At 9:22 AM, Blogger Kato said...

Goodbye Gabe, good luck with the knee!! Hey, does this mean he's gonna start reading your blog and posting? That could be an interesting development.

That Eagle story was crazy. I mean, it really sucks to be that guy. Here he is, fighting off his fellow Eagles so he can enjoy his tasty, tasty fish in peace, and he goes and loses it in some stupid human's living room. I guess that's the bird equivalent of the "one that got away" story.

I noticed, as I was prowling the web looking for info on "Connections" that it is on DVD as you said. Hmm, I might have to check with the Katonian Division of Purchasing and Acquisation and see what funds are available. :)

 
At 9:24 AM, Blogger Kato said...

Er, "Acquisition". Stupid sleep deprived typing disorder. ;)

 
At 5:04 PM, Blogger Heather said...

Here is my sigh...***sigh**
Poor Gabe! I havent even met the guy and I hope he fares well. As for you my fine young flyer delivery person extrodinaire....deliver with panache and gusto!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home