Sunday, June 12, 2005

Scary Undead Grandma Church

Days Walking - 118

Not a fun day today.

Gabe got some hard news - it turns out, he can get his knee operation, but only if the procedure is performed within his parent’s local insurance network, by a doctor in that network. Which for Gabe means New York. Since he can’t keep hiking on his knee the way it is, he’s got to go. Now it’s just a question of when.

I feel awful for him, it's one thing to make the decision to go - quite another to have it forced upon you. He hasn't set a date for the flight home yet.

I applied today for a whole bunch of jobs. Saturday isn’t the best day for such things - with the consumers out and about and a bunch of places closed for the weekend, but I did my best. I went up one side of the street and down the other, and hit every place. I hope I get a bite from one of them.

Celia - Fairbanks doesn’t really strike me as being built by drunks… I’d say it had a very organic feel to it. Lotsa curves. I can see why you might say that though! I’m just happy to be in a place where you can plop down your cash for a succulent hot chocolate.

Kwame brought us some yummy pizza, as promised. Pizza is one of the few foods I can enjoy cold as well as hot. I can eat pizza right out of the fridge. The only other cooked food I can think of that is good hot, cold, or at room temperature is fried chicken.

Hey Adrian - you should get a job at KFC!

My thumbnail is still sore, but better. It looks worse than ever, but I don’t think I’m gonna lose the nail. I lost a toenail once, after I dropped a hammer on my foot. It’s gross, but at least on your foot you can keep it covered.

Church, she of the amazing immune system, has finally caught a cold. She woke up this morning sounding like she had a frog in her throat. Her voice is all jacked up, and not in the sexy cold voice kind of way.

I mean, the scary undead grandmother kind of way. I had much fun listening to her talk. I made requests, and enjoyed the results with much enjoyment. The best was “I love you mommy”. She sounds like Tim Curry in Legend.

Litany Webb, singing off

Jump to Start..........FAQ..........Previous Post..........Next Post

2 Comments:

At 3:43 PM, Blogger Robin said...

Oh wow, that sucks. Maybe he can get it fixed up and rejoin you?

Good luck with the job hunting :)

 
At 7:20 AM, Blogger kthrne said...

It's a shame you don't audioblog. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home