Thursday, March 10, 2005

Orgasmville, and Step On It! (Don't Spare the Whip)

Days Walking - 24

Today we are resting!

..."Yes, Again, what is that supposed to mean?"
Hands on hips, neck cocked in 'peeved girlfriend' configuration.

Our last day off was Day 17.
Waaay back on Day 17, I remember it as if it were a week ago.

Distance to Prudhoe Bay - 81.11 miles.

For those coordinate-hungry readers out there - - according to Gabe's very snazzy GPS, we are located at N 70.423797 by W -151.831386. I didn't feel like digging mine out. Did I mention my GPS is a Geko? She's a pretty girl, and the logo has this cute lil stylized gecko. I used a Sharpie to put a bow on her tail.

I'm not even gonna try to estimate the days required to reach Prudhoe. (Psst! 10-15 days, if there are no more dumbass injuries) Last time I made an estimate, I was oh so mistaken. I'm just glad we packed our bags so well. Glad, lucky, blessed, pick a few, and enjoy the dip, we have five kinds! At this moment we're right on the edge of Harrison Bay, and I'm glad all the kettle lakes are frozen over right now.

Sunrise is now at about 7:25am, and sunset at 6:45pm. Better and better. Still effing cold, but if you stay out of the wind, it's really not bad. The wind kills.

Jake and Anneli were pretty red-faced this morning as we all razzed them about last night: I was just falling asleep, when my eyes flew open and I sat up. Let's just say Jake and Anneli were ah, having a really good time and let's just say there was some spirited encouragement, agreement, and invocations of The Lord Our God taking place. At the time, the rest of us were all yelling variations of "Shut the F*ck Up!" but in the morning, it was just funny.

During breakfast, Adrian performed the acclaimed operetta 'Yes! Yes! Yes! Oh God Yes!', teasing Anneli, and the rest of us had a good laugh at that. Still, I wish someone was around to carry me off, over the threshold and into Orgasmville. A one-way ticket please, and when's the next train?

Church woke up this morning with a big sinus headache and a runny nose. She was kinda bitchy last night, which is very unlike her, (cause she's a sweetie!) so I should have known she wasn't feeling well. And I think I heard her coughing a few minutes ago. Unless someone else is sick. Ugh. Whatever it is, I just know I'm gonna catch it.

Urk. I went somewhat overboard for breakfast and ingested exactly 81 dehydrated banana discs. I counted. They tasted really good. I probably should have stopped at around 37. Some -ahem- discomfort followed. All of you should learn from my mistake and stop at 35, just to be on the safe side. I'm just glad that my stomach didn't feel it necessary to Return to Sender. The experience stopped short of culinary déjà vu, thank God. That would have put me off banana chips for months.

I mentioned the wet-nap like towels yesterday. Anyone who has ever used these things knows that once they dry, they turn into these funny little bits of cloth-like substance. Gabriel is saving his and Kwame's wet nappy cloths and is then sewing them together into what I can only guess will someday be some sort of diaphanous S&M garment. Hmm. "Um, But Gabe, they're like, dirty from wiping your funk ass." - - - "Yeah but I scrubbed them in the snow."

What can I do, I'm not his mother.

Kwame and Gabriel finally tried to do some fishing. They've been discussing it for weeks, and today was the day. Without proper fishing equipment, they cobbled together a few items (one of which was even fishing line) but managed to catch nothing. Not even an old boot. In fact, given our location, a fish is actually a more likely catch than an old boot. That's when you know you've left civilization far behind.

Samus has completed her mission. Now it's all about my man Link. My GBA-SP screen has some damaged pixels, it seems. Three of them, it looks like. I don't know if it's the cold, or if I dropped it one time too many, or what! It's not right in the middle of the screen or anything, but it still can be distracting.

Litany Webb, signing off

Jump to Start..........FAQ..........Previous Post..........Next Post

4 Comments:

At 11:31 AM, Blogger Kato said...

I guess I'll have to "break the seal" again and be the first commenter of the day. What can I say, this blog fills a comfortable niche in the post-lunch-trying-to-avoid-work part of my early afternoon.

I'm sure there are several readers of your blog who might come to your "rescue" and whisk you off into the wild for a game of slap-and-tickle. But, without easy access to a military transport helicopter or some type of wormhole, I think you're out of luck.

For those that care, I believe this is the current location of the group: Mapquest Page.

 
At 12:05 PM, Blogger kthrne said...

Would posting the following link be appropriate?
http://www.ibiblio.org/Dave/Dr-Fun/df200108/df20010823.jpg

And this one's for kato:
http://www.ibiblio.org/Dave/Dr-Fun/df200005/df20000504.jpg

 
At 4:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is there a map of the planned route that you will be taking to Chile? I would really like to see where you will be.

 
At 5:27 PM, Blogger Robin said...

omg kthrne...that link is fricken hilarious

 

Post a Comment

<< Home