Thursday, June 23, 2005

A Little Antifreeze In Her Coke...

Days Walking - 129

It turns out - the guy at work who dumped his load of flyers and disappeared the other day didn't just up and quit in the midst of his shift. The story is conflicted, but it seems that he was jumped by either some hoodlums or the police. More on this story as it develops...

Hank - Hello! No, I'm not gonna change the header from "8 People" to "5 People". This here is the chronicle of eight people and what happens to them, and I think it still applies.

Kato and Sharon - I've passed your well-wishes on to Jake and Anneli, who said "Thanks!"

Jake and Anneli arrived safely. Anneli used one terse word to describe El Paso - "Brown". I admit, it would be hard to leave the beauty of Ack for the desert blandness of the southwest. She grew up in New England, so she's accustomed to green, growing things everywhere. And geese, apparently? Her descriptions seemed very E.B. White.

Over some yummy hard lemonade, Kwame tried to seduce me last night. I don't know how to feel about it. The guy is a full-on player, which is fine since I know it already and can take his flirting as what it is and not let it lead me to believe he has any real interest in me, beyond the carnal.

Carnal interests are something I really and completely understand, but there are lots of cuter gals in Fairbanks. And he won't have to wake up next to them for the next five to eight years if it didn't work out.

We were in the freaking wilderness for months, and he never made any kind of move. I think that it was just convenience, last night. He was there, I was there, everybody else was in town, and a little snogging never hurt nobody.

We kissed for all of five seconds before I asked him to stop.

It would take more than three bottles of hard lemonade for me to make that mistake. If we were both players, if I could have an affair with someone and just be friends with them, it would work. But I can't. I fall really fast and far and then I pay for it with many, many tears later. I usually get some good poetry out of it though...

(Psst - Kwame is a very very good kisser. Oh my.)

So what will I do if Church hooks up with one of the guys? I'll be the last unclaimed female. It'll be like 2nd Grade Dodgeball all over again, and who wants to repeat that kind of memory? I think I'm more approachable than she is. But she's blonde. And she has bigger boobs, and we all know how the menfolk feel about those. Bastards.

I have a raw spot on my wrist where the rubberbands live during the daily flyer-stuffing extravaganza (shows at 11 and 2). It's an unhappy looking owie, and Church treated me and griped at me, and said "Don't do that anymore." I don't know if she means the rubberbands or the job. Either way, I agree!

Now that our three departing hiking pals are gone, we can start calculations to actually discover how much we'll need to set out for the next town. Caeled really needs a new pack. The one he's been using was used to begin with, and wasn't that great when it was new, I fear. And you can spend from $150 to $800 and up on a pack. I'm gonna guess that the type he'll need will run like $200 easy.

With Jake, Anneli and Gabe gone, we have unprecedented tent space! We have four tents and five people, so we get to spend more nights alone. Now we need to decide if we want to carry four tents for five people. Or hell, buy one more and everyone is happy. Gotta carry it though, gotta carry it.

Damn! Some guy just came up to camp and started hitting on Church! Am I not sitting right here? I bathed! I smell like kiwi-strawberry body wash, bitch! Am I not lithe and quirky, overflowing with witty personality? I can chat the chat, you betcha. Better'n her, any day. Talk to me, you assh*le.

I'll have to poison her breakfast, that's all.

Litany Webb, signing off

Jump to Start..........FAQ..........Previous Post..........Next Post

2 Comments:

At 9:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jump Kwames bones why not your both adults just be safe!

 
At 1:42 PM, Blogger kthrne said...

Interesting group dynamics. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home