Saturday, February 19, 2005

I Don't Deserve This

Days Walking - 6

Today's Posts - 1 of 2

We're taking 1 day a week off for rest and recuperation, and today is the day for this week. It's a balmy -29F and it's not snowing. 'Zero Chance of Precipitation', per the National Weather Service. Cool.

Since nothing is really going on today, I was gonna not post (er, not gonna post?) but Marina threw a hissy. I picture her in a high-tech Control Room (it's a drab office, actually) tracking my bio-rhythms with state-of-the-art telemetry. What am I, a research study now? She's gonna sell my life story as some psyche thesis on the black market, I just know it.

"By request! 'Control, I'm Here' by Nitzer Ebb. This one is goin out to Litany, on the frozen bald spot of the Earth."

It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood. There is (virtually) no one for miles and miles. And that's how I likes it.

The wind has calmed down quite bit, but when it does blow, it carries these tiny, very fine little ice crystals - like baby powder - in luxurious snaky tendrils, flowing along the ground like spirits on their way to some glorious destination. It's fabulously beautiful and I don't deserve this.

Suggested arctic gear for someone to design and sell - Litany Webb (tm) Note-Jotting Gloves. OK picture this: The back/top of the glove, where the meaty wide portion of your hand is - would have a specially textured, re-useable area that you can use to jot a note, with the attached writing implement (on a cute lil string that tucks away into a cute little pocket) - -

- - The note could only be removed by using a special little eraser thingy, so you couldn't accidentally rub it off. I come up with so many brilliant ideas while I'm trudging, and I can't stop and get out a notebook and take off my gloves and write myself a note. I should have brought little mini digital recorder. Hmn.

brb

Litany Webb, signing off

Jump to Start..........FAQ..........Previous Post..........Next Post

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home