Tuesday, February 15, 2005

Disolving Leather, Nipples Shattering Like Glass...

Days Walking - 2

We made 9.3 miles yesterday!! I was sorely tempted to round up and say 9.5, but I want to keep this honest.

It's ten degrees warmer today. Can't tell. That's when you know it's cold.

I took some pictures of my boots before we started last week. They was brand new and beautiful, they was. Once they fall apart, I'll take some more shots. Hmn, maybe I'll take a pic a day, and turn it into a flipbook of leather dissolving. Jake suggested selling the tattered remains on eBay. I think I'd rather keep them.

I really don't feel like typing, but I am awake. And my typie-sounds are annoying Anneli, and if that's not good enough reason to keep going I don't know what is. She's been flirting with my menfolk. All of them are mine mine mine.

It had been my plan to dictate my blogs while on this f*cking trip. WinXP has a feature for this, and I've tried it. I've spent a lot of time speaking slowly and carefully so the stupid thing can recognize my voice. It will work passably during the training sessions, (toying with me) and then when I try to dictate a blog, I get garbage. Interesting garbage sometimes, but still.

Okay, here's an example of a dictated sentence, purely from the PC's interpretation, without editing:

"Toad a wasn't a miser bull coal day. The line of day bat makes you hate yore druther."

I know I said one (1) sentence. It was one sentence once. Good luck deciphering it. Ten points to the skilled Microsoft-speke geek who can translate it for the masses. ...But what can you get for ten points? Nothing. But fifty points gets you a kiss, so save your points boys and girls.

I've been trying to upload some pics for your enjoyment, but I can't find the USB cable. It's probably buried somewhere deep in my backpack. I should email REI and suggest a USB cable pocket on the outside of the hiking pack. But I won't. I still have not seen the royalties for my last suggestion, the lighter-than-air helium filled backpack.

Why does no one listen? Why, when they listen, do they not send cash? I need to eat from time to time damn it. You know, once a day whether my hips need it or not.

brb

Litany Webb, signing off

Jump to Start..........FAQ..........Previous Post..........Next Post

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home